HAB Bounder™ is a self-contained balloon termination, or cut-down, device with an external trigger. It can be configured via a text file on a micro-SD card to activate on a variety of triggers. These triggers include:
- Mission Elapsed Time
- Minimum Atmospheric Pressure
- Pressure Ascent Rate
- GPS Ascent Rate
- GPS Altitude
It will also accept an initiating signal from a flight computer, satellite modem, or radio link. Once the command is received, HAB Bounder™ will initiate its independent activation sequence to ensure the line it is attached to is completely and rapidly severed.
HAB Bounder™, formerly the Balloon Bounder, contains the following four common balloon devices:
- Pre-programmable cut-down device that can sever a line during the balloon flight. If two are used, then redundant flight termination is assured.
- Flight computer that monitors and records pressure and temperature during the flight.
- High-altitude GPS tracker that logs position data in both CSV and KML formats.
- Thermal management device that maintains a minimum temperature to ensure proper operation throughout the flight.
HAB Bounder™ helps ensure that your balloon flights end predictably and at the appropriate time. Some common uses for HAB Bounder™ is to:
- Ensure that your payload stays in a certain geographic region
- Meet flight safety requirements
- Cut-away a lift balloon to enable float conditions on tandem balloon flights
- Avoid lost payloads on single balloon flights that float
- Cleanly separate your payload from the balloon for glider controlled recoveries
HAB Bounder™ ships with a protective foam enclosure and micro-SD card. Batteries and rigging line are not included.