HAB Bounder™, formerly the Balloon Bounder, contains the following four common balloon devices:
- Pre-programmable cut-down device that can sever a line during the balloon flight. If two are used, then redundant flight termination is assured.
- Flight computer that monitors and records pressure and temperature during the flight.
- High-altitude GPS tracker that logs position data in both CSV and KML formats.
- Thermal management device that maintains a minimum temperature to ensure proper operation throughout the flight.
HAB Bounder helps ensure that your balloon flights end predictably and at the appropriate time. Some common uses for HAB Bounder are to:
- Ensure that your payload stays in a certain geographic region
- Meet flight safety requirements
- Cut-away a lift balloon to enable float conditions on tandem balloon flights
- Avoid lost payloads on single balloon flights that float
- Cleanly separate your payload from the balloon for glider controlled recoveries
HAB Bounder ships with a protective foam enclosure and micro-SD card. Batteries and rigging line are not included.